To maintain clean household air, an air purifier should work 24/7. That’s why our air purifiers are designed to keep energy use and environmental impact at a minimum. In fact, a Blueair air purifier uses less electricity than a small light bulb⁵.
Any appliance that can achieve high efficiency with lower power use helps reduce our overall consumption of fossil fuels. Blueair’s advanced HEPASilent™ technology is highly energy efficient, delivering especially high performance and efficiency by combining electrostatic and mechanical filtration technologies. This combination, pioneered by Blueair, delivers high Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) with high energy efficiency. In fact, our air purifiers use no more power than a single light bulb: from 2 to 20 watts on low to 10 to 120 watts on high, depending on the model.
Low energy consumption. When operating with a Blueair filter, the air purifier’s fan can work efficiently as intended, consuming minimal energy. In fact, a Blueair air purifier working at its optimal setting consumes less energy than a lightbulb. However, once the filter is full, the fan will need to spin faster to pass air through it, resulting in more energy consumption.
Using an air purifier is a healthier way to breathe. And, as Blueair’s founder realized, when air is truly clean, it can do so much more than simply prevent disease. Clean air improves sleep, energizes both your body and mind, makes it easier for you to focus and even boosts your creativity.
*Tested on particles down to 0.1 micron according to EN1822.
Only Blueair air purifiers have HEPASilent™ technology delivering maximum filtration¹ with minimum noise². This pioneering Blueair filtration technology cleans the air faster¹ and produces more¹ clean air by combining traditional mechanical filtration with electrostatic charging of particles. Together with the unique Blueair filter design at least 99.97% of airborne particles even down to 0.1 microns³ are removed with minimum noise and energy use. Therefore, Blueair air purifiers are whisper-silent⁴ and consume less energy than a light bulb⁵.
Blueair air purifiers are simple to use and have something special: We are the only major air purifier brand to verify 100% of our models for performance for Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR).
1. Comparing CADR performance of Blueair models with mechanical and electrostatic filtration vs same models with only H13 HEPA mechanical filtration.
2. When equivalent CADR was measured, Blueair model with mechanical and electrostatic filtration achieved less noise with less energy than same model with only H13 HEPA mechanical filtration. The lower noise refers to the difference in sound power levels (dB(A)). Performance may vary.
3. Based on removal testing of PM 2.5 (0.1 - 2.5 microns) and germs (H1N1, E.coli) up to 90min in a 30m3 room. Performance may vary. Not all Blueair air purifiers have been tested against SARS-CoV-2, and Blueair does not claim to kill/prevent transmission of COVID-19.
4. Sound pressure measured on low fan speed.
5. Energy consumption on high fan speed. Compared to over 900 lumens incandescent light bulb.