WiFi connection issues
- Uninstall your current app and download the Blueair app from the app store to make sure you are using the latest Blueair app.
- Make sure that your WiFi is currently functioning. For instance you can check the WiFi status on your router : the WiFi light should be activated and stable before adding your Blueair air purifier to the app.
- Disable VPN (Virtual Private Network) while using the Blueair app.
> Open the Settings menu of your pho ne to check if you are using VPN and to disable the VPN temporarily if necessary:
- iPhones: open Settings > General > VPN and follow the instructions to disconnect the VPN.
- Android phones: Open Settings > Network and Internet > VPN and follow the instructions to disconnect the VPN.
These instructions may vary depending on the model of your phone.
- Plug out and plug in the air purifier.
- Log out and log in again from the Blueair app.
When all the above steps have been tried or checked, open your Blueair app and follow the instructions to connect your Blueair device.
If your device still does not connect to the app, you can try to:
- Use your private phone hotspot (3G/4G…) connection temporarily, instead of your WiFi:
- Open the Settings in your phone > Activate Hotspot.
- Open the Blueair app and follow the instructions to add your Blueair device.
Download the Blueair app from another phone, then login to the app and follow the instructions to add your Blueair device.
If you have a solid connection but you are still running into issues, please contact the Blueair Customer Support with more details about your experience so we can try and help solve this together.