More clean air.
Less energy than a light bulb.
Most energy efficient air purifiers 2023
To maintain clean household air, an air purifier should work 24/7. That’s why our air purifiers are designed to keep energy use and environmental impact at a minimum. In fact, a Blueair air purifier uses less electricity than a small light bulb⁵.
Why energy efficient air purifiers are the best choice for your home
Indoor air pollution is a major concern for homeowners, especially those who suffer from allergies or asthma. To combat this problem, many people invest in air purifiers. However, not all air purifiers are created equal, and some can consume a significant amount of energy, resulting in high electricity bills.
Energy efficient air purifiers are a great solution to this problem. These purifiers are designed to consume less energy while still providing excellent air purification. In this article, we will explore the benefits of energy efficient air purifiers and provide tips on how to choose the right one for your home.
Understanding energy efficient air purifiers
Energy efficient air purifiers are designed to use less energy than traditional air purifiers. They achieve this through various technologies such as advanced filters, energy-efficient motors, and smart sensors that adjust the fan speed based on air quality. This results in lower energy consumption and cost savings on electricity bills.
Any appliance that can achieve high efficiency with lower power use helps reduce our overall consumption of fossil fuels. Blueair’s advanced HEPASilent™ technology is highly energy efficient, delivering especially high performance and efficiency by combining electrostatic and mechanical filtration technologies. This combination, pioneered by Blueair, delivers high Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) with high energy efficiency. In fact, our air purifiers use no more power than a single light bulb: from 2 to 20 watts on low to 10 to 120 watts on high, depending on the model.
Low energy consumption. When operating with a Blueair filter, the air purifier’s fan can work efficiently as intended, consuming minimal energy. In fact, a Blueair air purifier working at its optimal setting consumes less energy than a lightbulb. However, once the filter is full, the fan will need to spin faster to pass air through it, resulting in more energy consumption.Using an air purifier is a healthier way to breathe. And, as Blueair’s founder realized, when air is truly clean, it can do so much more than simply prevent disease. Clean air improves sleep, energizes both your body and mind, makes it easier for you to focus and even boosts your creativity.
*Tested on particles down to 0.1 micron according to EN1822.
Benefits of energy efficient air purifiers:
- Lower Energy Consumption: Energy efficient air purifiers consume less energy than traditional air purifiers, resulting in cost savings on electricity bills.
- Improved Air Quality: Energy efficient air purifiers use advanced filters and sensors to remove airborne particles such as dust, allergens, and pollutants, resulting in improved air quality.
- Environmentally Friendly: Energy efficient air purifiers have a lower carbon footprint than traditional air purifiers, making them an environmentally friendly option.
- Longer Lifespan: Energy efficient air purifiers are designed to last longer than traditional air purifiers, resulting in lower maintenance costs over time.
Factors to consider when choosing an energy efficient air purifier
Room Size: Choose an air purifier that is designed for the size of the room you want to purify. A purifier that is too small for the room will not be effective, while one that is too large will consume more energy than necessary.
Type of Filter: Look for an air purifier with advanced filters such as HEPA filters, which can remove particles as small as 0.3 microns.
Energy Star Certification: Choose an air purifier that is Energy Star certified, which means it has been independently tested and proven to be energy efficient.
Noise Level: Look for an air purifier that operates at a noise level that is comfortable for you.
HEPASilent™ dual filtration technology - Energy efficient
Only Blueair air purifiers have HEPASilent™ technology delivering maximum filtration¹ with minimum noise². This pioneering Blueair filtration technology cleans the air faster¹ and produces more¹ clean air by combining traditional mechanical filtration with electrostatic charging of particles. Together with the unique Blueair filter design at least 99.97% of airborne particles even down to 0.1 microns³ are removed with minimum noise and energy use. Therefore, Blueair air purifiers are whisper-silent⁴ and consume less energy than a light bulb⁵. The perfect addition to your energy efficient home.
Q: Can energy efficient air purifiers still remove pollutants effectively?
A: Yes, energy efficient air purifiers are designed to remove pollutants effectively while consuming less energy than traditional air purifiers.
Q: Are energy efficient air purifiers more expensive than traditional air purifiers?
A: Energy efficient air purifiers can be more expensive upfront, but they provide cost savings on electricity bills over time.
Q: How often do I need to replace the filters in an energy efficient air purifier?
A: The frequency of filter replacement depends on the air purifier model and usage. Typically, filters need to be replaced every 6-12 months, while pre-filters need to be washed or replaced every 3 months.
Conclusion: Why energy efficient air purifiers are the best choice for your home
Energy efficient air purifiers are a great investment for homeowners who want to improve their indoor air quality while reducing their energy consumption. When choosing an energy efficient air purifier, consider factors such as room size, filter type, energy efficiency certification, and noise level. With the right energy efficient air purifier, you can enjoy clean air and cost savings on your electricity bills.
Blueair air purifiers are simple to use and have something special: We are the only major air purifier brand to verify 100% of our models for performance for Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR).
1. Comparing CADR performance of Blueair models with mechanical and electrostatic filtration vs same models with only H13 HEPA mechanical filtration.
2. When equivalent CADR was measured, Blueair model with mechanical and electrostatic filtration achieved less noise with less energy than same model with only H13 HEPA mechanical filtration. The lower noise refers to the difference in sound power levels (dB(A)). Performance may vary.
3. Based on removal testing of PM 2.5 (0.1 - 2.5 microns) and germs (H1N1, E.coli) up to 90min in a 30m3 room. Performance may vary. Not all Blueair air purifiers have been tested against SARS-CoV-2, and Blueair does not claim to kill/prevent transmission of COVID-19.
4. Sound pressure measured on low fan speed.
5. Energy consumption on high fan speed. Compared to over 900 lumens incandescent light bulb.