Dust is one of the most common indoor pollutants, and it can have an effect on your health, especially for people with allergies, asthma, or other respiratory problems.
Dust can cause various symptoms, such as headaches, sneezing, coughing, and even more severe conditions like bronchitis1. Therefore, it's good to keep the air in your home clean. The best way to do so is by using an air purifier for dust.
Benefits of air purifiers for dust
An air purifier for dust helps in removing the harmful dust particles from the air and making it clean and healthy to breathe. Here are the benefits of using air purifiers for dust:
- Improved air quality: Air purifiers for dust remove the dust particles from the air, making it cleaner and healthier to breathe. This can help in reducing the symptoms of allergies, asthma, and other respiratory problems.
- Better sleep: Dust particles in the air can cause irritation and discomfort, making it difficult to sleep. By using an air purifier for dust, you can breathe clean air and get a good night's sleep.
- Protects your furniture and electronics: Dust particles can settle on your furniture, electronics, and other surfaces, causing them to deteriorate over time. Air purifiers for dust can help in preventing the buildup of dust on these surfaces and keep them clean.
How do air purifiers for dust work?
An air purifier for dust works by drawing in the air and filtering out the dust particles through various technologies. These technologies include HEPA filters and activated carbon filters.
- HEPA filters: HEPA filters are high-efficiency particulate air filters that can capture even the smallest dust particles. They work by trapping the dust particles in a dense mesh of fibers, preventing them from reentering the air.
- Blueair air purifiers uses HEPASilent™ technology. By combining traditional mechanical filtration with electrostatic charging of particles, our air purifiers delivers maximum filtration4 with minimum noise5. The combination of two technologies ensures the removal of at least 99.97% of airborne particles down to 0.1 microns2.
- Activated carbon filters: Activated carbon filters are effective in removing odours and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) from the air. They work by adsorbing the dust particles and other pollutants onto the surface of the activated carbon.
Read more about active carbon filters.
Features to consider when buying air purifiers for dust
When buying an air purifier for dust, there are certain features you should consider to get the best performance and value for your money. These include:
- Room size: Make sure to choose an air purifier that's suitable for the size of the room you want to use it in. Air purifiers come in different sizes, and you should choose one that can circulate the air in the room effectively.
- Noise level: Some air purifiers can be noisy, and if you plan to use it in a bedroom, it's essential to choose one that operates quietly. Our HEPASilent™ technology ensures our air purifiers provide maximum filtration4 with minimum noise5. In fact, a Blueair air purifier works so quietly that you can not only sleep next to it, you might even forget that it’s there.
- Filter replacement: Make sure to choose an air purifier with a replaceable filter, so you can easily replace it when it becomes clogged.
- Energy efficiency: Look for an air purifier that's energy-efficient and consumes less power, so you can save money on your electricity bill. To maintain clean air in your home, an air purifier should work 24/7. Blueair air purifier uses less electricity than a small light bulb3.
Read more about our HEPASilent™ technology.
Here are some frequently asked questions about air purifiers for dust that can help you make an informed decision:
Do air purifiers for dust really work?
Yes, air purifiers for dust are effective in removing dust particles from the air, making it cleaner and healthier to breathe. In our article "The air we breathe - Particulate Matter (PM)" you can read more about particles in the air.
When it comes to filtration, the combination of two technologies ensures the removal of at least 99.97% of airborne particles down to 0.1 microns2. That means even the tiniest particles, such as viruses and bacteria, are captured, while larger particles such as dust, pollen and smoke are also removed.
Blueair’s pioneering HEPASilent™ filtration technology cleans the air faster4 and produces more clean air4 by combining traditional mechanical filtration with electrostatic charging of particles to eliminate dust particles from the air.
Can air purifiers for dust improve allergies and asthma symptoms?
Yes, air purifiers for dust can help improve allergies and asthma symptoms by removing the dust particles from the air and reducing exposure to allergens. People with allergies, asthma, and other respiratory problems can breathe easier and experience fewer symptoms with an air purifier for dust in their home.
Read more about health effects of Particulate Matter (PM).
How often should I replace the filter in my air purifier for dust?
The frequency of filter replacement depends on various factors, such as the room size, the amount of dust in the air, and the usage frequency. Generally, it's recommended to replace the filter every 6 to 12 months, but you should check the recommendations for your specific product. You can always contact us for support.
Are air purifiers for dust expensive?
Our air purifiers come in various price ranges, and you can find one that fits your budget. There are budget-friendly options that still are highly effective, and there are also high-end options that offer advanced features and powerful performance. You can choose an air purifier based on your needs and budget.
Air purifiers for dust are a must-have for people who are concerned about their health and the quality of the air they breathe. With an air purifier in your home, you can breathe clean air, reduce symptoms of allergies and asthma, and protect your furniture and electronics from dust buildup. Consider the benefits, features, and FAQs before choosing an air purifier that fits your needs and budget. So, say goodbye to dust and breathe clean air with an air purifier from Blueair.
Blueairs luftrenare är enkla att använda och har något speciellt: Vi är det enda större luftrenarvarumärket som verifierar hur alla våra modeller presterar i Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR).
1. WebMD: https://www.webmd.com/lung/features/air-purifiers-101#1
2. Based on removal testing of PM 2.5 (0.1 - 2.5 microns) and germs (H1N1, E.coli) up to 90min in a 30m3 room. Performance may vary. Not all Blueair air purifiers have been tested against SARS-CoV-2, and Blueair does not claim to kill/prevent transmission of COVID-19.
3. Energy consumption on high fan speed. Compared to over 900 lumens incandescent light bulb.
4. Comparing CADR performance of Blueair models with mechanical and electrostatic filtration vs same models with only H13 HEPA mechanical filtration.
5. When equivalent CADR was measured, Blueair model with mechanical and electrostatic filtration achieved less noise with less energy than same model with only H13 HEPA mechanical filtration. The lower noise refers to the difference in sound power levels (dB(A)). Performance may vary.