All the topics, resources and guides you need for your Protect air purifier.
To help you get the benefits of clean air throughout your room, Protect's patent-pending air outlets are uniquely engineered to deliver 360°, omni directional airflow - quickly circulating moreA clean air to every cornerB of the room – so you breathe clean air wherever you are.
A - HEPASilent™ technology combines mechanical and electrostatic filtration to provide a higher particle Clean Air Delivery Rate (pCADR) than conventional methods of only using mechanical filtration (at the same rpm on the fan and energy consumption of 18.3W). Based on particle CADR tests according to GB/T18801-2015 standard.
B - Based on the recommended room size of 38 m² (418 ft²) for 7400 series and 62 m² (674 ft²) for 7700 series.
- Vacuum the outside of the air purifier regularly, especially the air inlets, outlets and the inlet for the air quality sensor.
- Remove and clean the two pre-filters with a dust cloth or by using the soft brush of a vacuum cleaner.
- When the filter change indicator appears on the air purifier and/or in the Blueair app, replace the filter with a new genuine Blueair SmartFilter.
See detailed instructions in the user manual.
This air purifier should be disposed or recycled as electrical waste and the filter may be recycled as plastic. If you have questions regarding the disposal and recycling of this air purifier, please contact your local recycling facility for availability or Blueair dealer and ask for the correct method of recycling.
All Blueair air purifiers are meant to be used in the country of purchase. If you purchase an air purifier and then move to another country, here is what to keep in mind:
- Frequency and voltage requirements may differ from one country to another.
- The regulatory requirements for product safety and radio frequencies might differ from one country to another.
- Warranty enquiries are always handled by the resellers, the dealers, the shop or the local distributor in the country of purchase.
GermShield™️ technology proactively monitors room conditions on standby and automatically activates to kill germs and prevent the growth of bacteria on the filter when germ-prone conditions are present.
a. How to use the GermShield™ function?
When using the air purifier for the first time, the GermShield function is ON by default. You have the option to switch it OFF manually on your air purifier or via the Blueair app. When GermShield is ON, it will operate automatically when necessary, even when the air purifier is switched off.
b. How does the Germshield™ function work?
The GermShield™ technology proactively monitors the air in the room to assess if the room is prone to germ growth. When the device senses germ-prone conditions, GermShield starts operating by using a low air draft and plasma charging (releasing a negative charge inside the air purifier) to kill viruses and bacteria* on the filters and ensure no new growth of germs.
*Deactivation of bacteria (Staphylococcus Albus) and virus (MS2 bacteriophage). Blueair air purifiers have not been tested against Coronavirus, and Blueair does not claim to capture, remove, or kill SARS-CoV-2.
Particulate Matter (PM)
The sensors can detect particulate matter, which is a mixture of solid particles and liquids droplets found in the air. Particles of different sizes are detected by the sensors:
PM10 are particles with diameter of 10 micrometres and smaller. Examples of PM10: pollen, dust (settling dust, cement dust) and mold spores.
PM2.5 are particles with a diameter of 2.5 micrometres and smaller (human hair is approximately 70 micrometres in diameter). Example of PM2.5: house dust, animal dander, bacteria, cooking oil smoke/grease, smog, fly ash and settling dust.
PM1 are particles with a diameter of 1 micrometre and smaller. Example of PM1 (from 0.3 to 1 micrometre): Bacteria, suspended dust, house dust, animal dander, smog, tobacco smoke and soot.
Total Volatile Organic Compounds (tVOCs)
Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are gases and odors emitted from different chemicals. VOCs can be found in the air in your home and are released by cleaning products, cosmetics, carpeting, furniture, air fresheners and many other consumer products. The sensors in the air purifier calculate the Total Volatile Organic Compounds (tVOC), which is the total concentration of all VOCs in the air. It is used to give an indication of the VOC levels.
Common VOCs sources:
- Gasoline, industrial chemicals (Benzene).
- Solvents (Toluene, xylene and perchloroethylene).
- Burning fuel, gasoline, wood, coal, natural gas.
- Paints, glues.
It is not recommended to clean the main filter in any way. Vacuuming or washing this filter with water could damage the filter media and decrease the performance.
The Blueair Limited Warranty applies only if the air purifier is installed, used and maintained according to the instructions in the user manual.
Warranty and returns: If you purchased the air purifier at one of our authorized retailers, please contact the same store to request assistance.
Using a filter which is filled with dust or saturated with odors will not bring dangerous components to your home. But if the filter is full, it may be difficult for the clean air to come out and it might damage the air purifier in the long run. For best results and to guarantee a valid warranty*, we recommend changing the filters according to the indications.
*The Blueair Limited Warranty applies only if the air purifier is installed, used, and maintained according to the instructions in the user manual.
The cardboard is part of the filter and ensures that there is no air leakage. The efficiency of the filter may decrease if the cardboard has been removed or is damaged. If you have any doubts about the state of your filter, please contact your local Customer Support team.
Selecting Auto mode means that your Protect air purifier will automatically adjust when pollution levels creep up. With stepless, variable-speed operation, the fan increases smoothly to the right speed based on the sensor readings and slows down when the air is clean again. This ensures that your air purifier is always running at the perfect speed needed to maintain the purity of the air in your home.
- The Auto mode can be triggered by the particle levels only (default setting) or by the particle and tVOCs levels (set in the Blueair app).
- When you manually select fan settings, the Auto mode will be deactivated. To switch it on again, simply press the Auto mode button on your air purifier or via the Blueair app.
- The Auto mode works even when the WiFi is not activated or if the air purifier is disconnected from WiFi. The device can store the air quality measurements for a limited amount of time in case the WiFi connection is lost temporarily.
The air purifier accurately indicates when the filter needs to be changed. The filter lifetime is calculated with a smart algorithm (patent-pending) and based on the particle levels in the room and the airflow during the time the filter has been used. The filter lifetime status can also be monitored in the Blueair app. You should expect a filter lifetime of maximum 1 year.
Yes. When the air purifier is offline, the air purifier still detects and displays the air quality levels on the device.
HEPASilent Ultra™ is Blueair’s most advanced filtration technology ever. Every component is uniquely designed in Sweden to provide the maximum performance and energy efficiency. This patent-pending technology combines electrostatic and mechanical filtration to remove 99.97% of viruses and bacteriaA, dust, pollen, dander and moldB, and eliminate VOCs, and odors. Once caught in the filter, this unique technology then kills 99%C of germs. HEPASilent Ultra™ delivers 50% more clean airD, uses 55% less energy and has a 10% lower noise than traditional true HEPA filtrationE.
A - Based on third-party testing, using GB/T18801-2015 test standards on airborne viruses and bacteria (H1N1, Staphylococcus aureus, and Escherichia coli).
B - Based on third-party testing of removal rate of fine particles according to GB/T18801-2015 standard and pollen removal rate according to AHAM AC/1-2019 standard.
C- Deactivation of germs on natural flora (excluding viruses).
D - Based on testing of particle Clean Air Delivery Rate (pCADR according to GB/T18801-2015) in Protect 7400 model at the same fan speed, compared to using H13 true HEPA filtration in the same unit.
E - Based on testing of energy consumption (W) and noise levels (dB, according to ISO 3743) in Protect 7400 model with the same particle Clean Air Delivery Rate (pCADR according to GB/T18801-2015), compared to using H13 true HEPA filter in the same unit.
Blueair HealthProtect™ name change
- The Blueair Protect is the exact same product as HealthProtect™ in all aspects. Only the name has changed to ‘Protect’ to reinforce the overall protective benefits and features of the product. The technology and performance of the product are the exact same and has not changed.
- The HealthProtect™ user manual is the same as the Protect user manual. All the product support documentation is available on www.blueair.com under the support section (user manual, FAQs, tutorials).
- Starting March 17, 2022 you should order Protect SmartFilter on Blueair.com or retailer site but you may temporarily receive product packaging under either Protect Smartfilter or HealthProtect Smartfilter as it is being renamed. We guarantee that it is the exact same filter with the exact same filtration performance.
- The voice assistant integration should work seamlessly, even though the Alexa skill previously known as “Blueair for DustMagnet and HealthProtect” has been renamed as “Blueair”.
- The Protect air purifier / Protect Filter is the exact same product/filter as HealthProtect™ air purifier / HealthProtect SmartFilter with the exact same performance. Products and filters previously sold under the name HealthProtect™ / HealthProtect SmartFilter are being renamed to Protect/Protect SmartFilter to reinforce the overall protective benefits and features of the product. You may temporarily receive product packaging under either name. We guarantee that it is the exact same air purifier/filter with the exact same filtration performance.
- The change of name from HealthProtect™ to Protect is taking effect in the United States and in Canada on the 17 March 2022. While the product name is taking effect in March, you may however temporarily receive product packaging under either name, but we guarantee you that it is the same product with the same features, components, and performance.
- You might experience that in the Blueair app, the name changes to HealthProtect™ when you are travelling outside of the United States or Canada. This is because the Blueair app displays the HealthProtect™ and Protect product name dynamically – based on the app user’s location.
- You might experience that in the Blueair app, the name changes to HealthProtect™ when you are travelling outside of the United States or Canada. This is because the change of name might have not been implemented in the country yet and the Blueair app displays the HealthProtect™ and Protect product name dynamically – based on the app user’s location.
- Shortening the name to ‘Protect’ will help put emphasis to the product’s effectiveness against viruses and bacteria particularly protecting against COVID-19. This reinforces our claim that the product captures 99.99% of SARS-COV-2 (COVID-19) virus, along with the product line’s various other protective benefits and features.
-  HealthProtect 7400 series (to be renamed to Protect 7400) was tested in a 13ft3 test chamber. Performed under standard laboratory conditions and actual performance may vary. Not proven to reduce /prevent the transmission of COVID-19.
- • Download the Blueair App from your App Store
- • Create a user account
- Log in to your Blueair App account
- • Select “Connect Product”
- • Choose “Protect” and follow the instructions in the App.
- HealthProtect™ and Protect are the exact same product with the exact same technology and performance. Only the name has changed to ‘Protect’ to reinforce the overall protective benefits and features of the product.
- HealthProtect™ and Protect are the exact same product. No features, nor any components, have been changed. Only the name has been shortened to ‘Protect’ to reinforce the protective benefits and features of the product.