My air purifier doesn't switch on
If your air purifier doesn’t switch on, try this:
- Most Blueair models have a detachable plug that can slip out when you move the unit. Place the unit on its side and push the plug back into the socket at the bottom of the unit.
- Make sure that the filter of your air purifier is correctly inserted and that the door of the air purifier is closed.
- Unplug the unit from the electrical outlet and plug it back in again.-Plug the unit into another electrical outlet.
- Check the power cord. If it is damaged in any way, unplug it immediately. Contact your local Blueair team to learn about getting a replacement or repair.
- Make sure that you have selected a speed level to start cleaning the air.
- If you are using a remote control, make sure that the battery is charged. If it isn’t, replace the battery.
If your air purifier still doesn't start, please contact the retailer where you bought the unit.