However, here is what we do know:
- Blueair air purifiers have been third-party tested for the removal of the most common viruses and bacteria with a clearance rate of over 99.99%. The tests included H1N1 influenza, Staphylococcus aureus, E-coli and Aspergillus.
- Blueair's HEPASilent™ technology captures at least 99.97% of airborne particles down to 0.1 microns in size. This includes any viruses with a particle size of at least 0.1 micron. Corona viruses measure about 0.12 micron.
- Not only do our air purifiers capture harmful airborne viruses and bacteria, but our proprietary HEPASilent™ technology actually kills germs. Internal tests measured 99% of germs were killed by Blueair Classic family* - leaving the bacteria and viruses unviable and unable to reproduce.
- The ultra-quiet fan draws air from the room into the air purifier.
- Airborne particles receive an electrical charge that causes them to adhere faster and more easily to the polypropylene filters.
- The combination of electrical charging and high air draft inactivates viruses and bacteria.
- Because the charged particles adhere to the fibers in the filter more easily, the filter can be less dense. Lower density means the fan pushes through more air with less pressure, noise and energy consumption. Lower density also reduces clogging.
Blueair air purifiers will remove viruses from the air, as well as kill germs, but an air purifier will not protect you from the coronavirus. To protect yourself, follow these tips that could help you stay healthy:
1 > Wash your hands frequently by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
2 > Disinfect keyboards, phones and surfaces regularly – after landing on a surface a virus can live another 24 hours.
3 > Avoid close contact with anyone who has a fever and/or cough.
4 > Avoiding touching your mouth, nose, and eyes.
5 > Get enough sleep, as it can boost the immune system.
6 > Avoid stress as it can lower immunity system.
7 > Keep rooms at home and work well ventilated, as airflow reduces growth of bacteria and viruses.
8 > Use an air purifier independently tested for 99.97% of virus and bacteria removal, in the rooms where you spend most time, such as in the bedroom or in the office.
*Based on internal testing of the Blueair Classic 200 Series on maximum fan speed under normal temperature and humidity conditions.
Blueair air purifiers are simple to use and have something special: We are the only major air purifier brand to verify 100% of our models for performance for Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR).